The family company WÜSTHOF was founded in 1814 in Solingen. Germany
All over the world, WÜSTHOF is recognized as the specialist who produces excellent knives.
The trident - a symbol that represents three values that are particularly important for WUSTHOF: passion - accuracy - perfection.
These values constitute our guideline for the production of our products; they characterize the model of our company and significantly influence each sector.
The WÜSTHOF brand has always been synonymous with excellent products in terms of quality and durability
The WÜSTHOF knives are particularly sharp and keep sharpening for a long time. But if you use your knives often, it will sometimes be necessary to sharpen them.
Here we list the most important production phases of WUSTHOF forged knives:
1. Cutting to size of steel bars.
2. Precision forging.
3. Deburring of the forged blanks (cutting of the edges to the laser).
4. Rectification of the knife coast.
5. Hardening at 1.050 degrees and tempering at 200 degrees.
6. Sharpening the blade on both sides.
7. Coating on both sides (means: thicken the blade surface, corrosion protection).
8. Application of the mark (engraving).
9. Cleaning the knife.
10. Assembly of the handle.
11. Leveling (of the handle and of the steel part).
12. Abrasion and polishing of the handle.
13. Deburring the upper part of the blade and the hand protection.
14. Pre-sharpening with a defined cutting angle, then final sharpening of the facet, see PEtec.
15. Final inspection including cutting tests with expanded material.
Showing 1 to 6 of 6 (1 Pages)